Suspended prison sentence for stab threat man
- Credit: Archant
Paulo Esteves was staying in a friend’s room in a multi-occupancy property in Constable Road and was described by Shaun Jacobs, another resident, as drinking regularly and being “obnoxious”, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
On October 17 last year Mr Jacobs was in a hallway at the property when Esteves barged into him, said Gerard Renouf, prosecuting.
Mr Jacobs pushed him away and was then hit in the face by Esteves.
Mr Jacobs tried to defend himself by hitting him back and Esteves had then threatened to stab him before going to his room and returning with a knife which he had “thrust” at Mr Jacobs.
Esteves, 43, of no fixed address, admitted affray and was given a 12 month prison sentence suspended for two years and ordered to do 100 hours unpaid work in the community.
You may also want to watch:
He was also given a 30 day rehabilitation activity requirement.
David Wilson for Esteves said he hadn’t injured Mr Jacobs with the knife.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 3 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 4 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 6 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 7 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 8 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 9 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 10 Saturday drinkers queue for post-lockdown pints