Suspicious car fire spreads to historic building
Fire chiefs suspect arsonists were to blame for a car blaze in the early hours of this morning which spread to a nearby building.
The suspicious fire started in Union Road, Onehouse, shortly after 3am, when a car was set alight outside Stow Lodge.
Firefighters from neighbouring Stowmarket and Elmswell arrived to find the car well alight.
Flames had by then started spreading to the 18th Century former workhouse, which now accommodates several offices and public services.
Some damage was caused to the exterior of the building and another car was also left scorched by the fire.
You may also want to watch:
The fire crews used breathing gear to help tackle the blaze, which was fully under control by around 3.50am.
- 1 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 2 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 3 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 4 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 5 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 6 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 7 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 9 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 10 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL