Swan trapped by fishing line
FIREFIGHTERS in Ipswich helped rescue a swan trapped in a fishing line.
The RSPCA requested help from the fire brigade after receiving reports of the bird trapped in the River Gipping.
At around 12.40pm crews from Princes Street and Bury St Edmunds fire station were called with their specialist water rescue equipment.
They accessed the river from Yeoman Close, off Yarmouth Road in Ipswich.
They discovered the swan tangled in the fishing line.
You may also want to watch:
The bird was released into the care of the RSPCA by 1.30pm.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 3 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 4 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 New beginnings, old faces and a return home - what to look for on 'fixtures day'
- 7 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 8 A&E under pressure as patient levels return to pre-pandemic levels
- 9 Ipswich to face army of familiar faces as Town draw U's in EFL Trophy
- 10 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album