Swedish man arrested at Stansted Airport on terrorism charge
- Credit: Archant
Counter-terrorism police have arrested a man at an Essex airport after he got off a flight from Stockholm.
The 34-year-old suspect, who is Swedish, was stopped by Eastern Region Counter Terrorism Police under Schedule 7 of the Terrorism Act shortly before 8am yesterday.
He was subsequently arrested on suspicion of being in possession of material containing information likely to be useful to a person committing or preparing an act of terrorism, contrary to section 58 of the Terrorism Act 2000.
The suspect was taken to an Essex police station where he remains in custody.
He is being held under the Police and Criminal Evidence Act.
You may also want to watch:
The Met’s Counter Terrorism Command is investigating.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 6 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe car park
- 7 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 8 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 9 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 10 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm