Man in 80s dies following crash on Suffolk road
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 80s has died following a single-vehicle collision on a road near Saxmundham.
Police, firefighters and the ambulance service were called to the road through Sweffling at about 2.20pm on Wednesday afternoon.
Suffolk Constabulary said the crash involved a single vehicle.
The driver of the car, a man in his 80s, was declared dead at the scene.
Police said the crash involved a Ford Fiesta Finesse.
A spokesman said no one else was in the vehicle at the time of the collision.
The cause of the crash has yet to be confirmed.
- 1 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 2 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: League One trio eye Preston defender
- 4 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 5 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month
- 6 Eight centre-backs Ipswich Town could turn to this month
- 7 Suffolk coastline to feature on BBC Winterwatch
- 8 Hughes nets a hat-trick for Town Under 23s as familiar face plays for QPR
- 9 Retired Felixstowe nurse fears eviction after struggle to find social housing
- 10 Shocked woman finds naked burglar asleep in her bed
Police said it would be for the coroner to determine how the collision happened.
The road was closed between Mill Road and the B1119.