Man in 80s dies following crash on Suffolk road
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 80s has died following a single-vehicle collision on a road near Saxmundham.
Police, firefighters and the ambulance service were called to the road through Sweffling at about 2.20pm on Wednesday afternoon.
Suffolk Constabulary said the crash involved a single vehicle.
The driver of the car, a man in his 80s, was declared dead at the scene.
Police said the crash involved a Ford Fiesta Finesse.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said no one else was in the vehicle at the time of the collision.
The cause of the crash has yet to be confirmed.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 5 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 6 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 7 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 8 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 9 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 10 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
Police said it would be for the coroner to determine how the collision happened.
The road was closed between Mill Road and the B1119.