Swilland: Man dies after crash on B1078
A MAN has died in hospital after his car collided with a pick-up truck in a Suffolk village.
Emergency services were called to the accident on the B1078 at Swilland, just north of Ipswich, at 5.45pm yesterday.
The man, believed to be in his 70s and from the Swilland area, was cut free from his car and taken to Ipswich Hospital where he later died.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Police said: “The collision occurred at the junction of High Road and Gibraltar Road and involved a car and a pick-up truck towing a trailer.
“The car driver, a local man in his 70s, was initially trapped. He was freed and taken to Ipswich Hospital where he died two and a half hours later. The driver of the truck was shaken but unhurt.”
You may also want to watch:
An investigation into the incident is under way and officers are examining the crash scene.
The B1078 is closed to traffic following the incident, with diversions in place at Ashbocking crossroads on the B1077 and B1078, and at Otley Bottom on the B1078 and B1079.
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 5 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 6 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 7 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 8 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 9 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 10 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence
Any witnesses to the collision should contact Suffolk Police’s Serious Collision Investigation Team at Police Headquarters on 01473 613500.