Swimming pool used in barn fire
HORSES had to be evacuated from a Suffolk barn as fire tore through the building.Owners of the animals managed to get them all out alive before firefighters arrived, but despite the crews' efforts the building was completely destroyed.
HORSES had to be evacuated from a Suffolk barn as fire tore through the building.
Owners of the animals managed to get them all out alive before firefighters arrived, but despite the crews' efforts the building was completely destroyed.
Three crews from Normanshurst fire station at Lowestoft attended the incident last night at The Lawns, Flixton Road, Blundeston.
A nearby swimming pool was drained in order to provide extra water to fight the blaze.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters also had further problems when there was initial reports of chemicals being stored in the 30 metre by 20 metre barn and an asbestos roof at the rear of the building.
Police closed Flixton Road while the crews put out the fire.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Woman's body found in village home
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 5 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 6 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 8 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 9 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 10 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
The 999 call was made at just before 11pm and the fire was extinguished by 11.30pm. Crews then spent around two hours at the site damping down and making sure the area was safe.