Serious collision shuts stretch of M25 causing traffic chaos on A12
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are being warned of major delays following a serious collision on the M25 which has led to the junction with the A12 being closed.
Police were called just after 11.15pm last night, Monday October 15, to the crash between junction 28 (A12) and 27 (M11).
A spokesman for Essex police said officers were continuing to carry out investigations at the scene.
He said: “This means the road will be closed well into the morning peak and there are long delays now on the approach to junction 28.”
Highways England have advised motorists to follow diversions as they head towards junction 28 but warn the route is 19 miles long so will add to delays.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “Motorists approaching the closure at junction 28 may exit the M25 and join the A12 into London.
“At the junction with A406 (the North Circular), join the A406 north towards the M11.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 4 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 5 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 6 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 7 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 8 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 9 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence
- 10 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
“Then join the M11 northbound, to re-join the M25 at junction 27. Follow the ‘hollow black square’ diversion symbol.”
Motorists further afield who are planning to travel through this area are urged to seek alternative routes and to allow plenty of extra time for their journey.