Tailbacks on A14 near Haughley after van hits central reservation
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
There are still tailbacks on the A14 eastbound at Haughley after a van collided with the central reservation earlier today.
Police were called to the crash, which involved a white Citroen van, just before 2.30pm.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said the vehicle had crossed the central reservation, ending up on the eastbound carriageway.
She said 100 yards of barrier had been damaged, which a team from highways will be repairing overnight, and there was also an oil spill.
Lane one of the eastbound carriageway is still closed and there are delays of 20 minutes between junctions 47 (Elmswell) and junction 49 (Tot Hill).
You may also want to watch:
The male driver of the van is believed to be uninjured, the police spokeswoman said.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 7 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-1 win against Fleetwood
- 9 Plans for Scandinavian-inspired holiday chalets in Suffolk
- 10 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-1 victory over Fleetwood