Taser-style weapon used in bank raid
CAMOUFLAGED raiders threatened a security guard with an electricity-based weapon before making off with cash, police today revealed.Suffolk police is investigating the raid which happened in Market Place, Mildenhall, at 8pm last night.
CAMOUFLAGED raiders threatened a security guard with an electricity-based weapon before making off with cash, police today revealed.
Suffolk police is investigating the raid which happened in Market Place, Mildenhall, at 8pm last night.
A security van was delivering cash to the Nationwide Building Society when four men wearing balaclavas and camouflage clothing appeared.
A police spokeswoman said: “They threatened both the driver, who was still in the van, and the security guard, who was inside the building.
“The men smashed windows at the bank and threatened the security guard with what is believed to have been a Taser-style device. “The men entered the bank and took three boxes containing a large quantity of cash, then left in a silver W registration Vauxhall Omega, heading towards the A11. Neither the driver nor the security guard were hurt.”
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 3 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 5 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 6 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 7 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 8 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 9 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 10 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143
Police want to hear from anyone who may have information about this incident, or may have found the cash cartridges the stolen money was in. Calls should be made to Mildenhall CID on 01473 613500.