Sign up for the Battle of the Knights to boost the funds of St Nicholas Hospice Care
- Credit: Archant
Teams are being sought for a charity challenge set to test their fitness and resourcefulness and at the same time raise money for a worthy cause.
Battle of the Knights, a 5km event which includes a 4km run and obstacle course challenge, in aid of St Nicholas Hospice Care, is being staged at The Playground, in Barrow, on Sunday, March 18.
With less than half of the event’s discounted early bird online places priced at £25 still available those wanting to take part are being urged to sign-up fast.
With their employers Hugh J Boswell sponsoring the event, a team of 10 from the insurance brokers
in St Andrews Street South, has decided they want to prove their team’s can-do attitude will help them conquer the challenge.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Utting, the marketing manager, said: “Each year the company likes to raise awareness among their clients as well as donations for great causes. By joining forces with the hospice we hope to show what a great service the hospice provides.
“We are a small team of enthusiastic work colleagues with a varied level of fitness, looking to have fun as well as push our own personal boundaries. We’re taking part for the challenge and enjoyment rather than serious competition.”
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 3 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 4 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 5 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 6 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 7 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 8 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 9 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 10 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
This year’s event, which is also supported by The Playground, will see challengers face an array of obstacles including a 10ft wall, tyre run, vertical cargo net, incline and decline monkey bars, before they can finish with a ramp climb.
Participants can enter the event as an individual, or as part of a team. After the first 200 spots have been filled further places will be priced at £30 until February 15. Entries after that date will cost £35.
Two new races for children will also feature. The first children’s race is for youngsters aged between eight and 11 and starts at 2pm with another race at 2.20pm for 12 to 15-year-olds.
Medieval-themed fancy dress is optional, but both children’s races will start with a 1km run followed by a series of child-friendly obstacles. Children can take part for £15, with 100 places available.
Although Battle of the Knights is not a race, for those who want a bit of competitive fun, the challenge will be chip-timed.
Finishers in the top 10% will be given the title of Knight and can compete in 2019’s challenge free of charge.
To sign-up for the event and to view full terms and conditions visit https://stnicholashospice.org.uk/news-community/events-listing/battle-of-the-knights/