Teenage boy, 15, assaulted on recreational park in Saxmundham - police appeal for witnesses
- Credit: Archant
A man assaulted a 15-year-old boy in a recreational park in Saxmundham, police have said.
Between 7.30pm and 8.20pm on Saturday, in the park in Warren Avenue, the boy was with his friends near metal railings, when a man was verbally abusive to him and reached over the railings and grabbed his wrist causing a graze.
One of the boy’s friends then pulled him away from the man.
A verbal altercation took place and the man came round the railings and put his hand on the boy’s shoulder and escorted him out of the park.
Officers need to trace the man who is described as white, aged in his 40s, of large build and around 5ft 9in tall.
You may also want to watch:
He had short grey/white hair, with a slightly tanned complexion, brown eyes and was wearing tortoiseshell glasses and with a scar on his left hand between his index finger and thumb.
He was described as wearing a dark fleece/pullover with a half zip at the neck, light blue jeans with a rip on the right leg near the ankle and trainers with black laces.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 9 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
Anyone with information should call Pc Samantha Plummer at Halesworth police station on 101 quoting reference LE/14/1152, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.