Teenage boy who bravely challenged burglars attacked in Harwich
- Credit: Archant
A teenage boy was attacked with a piece of wood after two burglars broke into a home in Harwich.
The aggravated burglary took place around 5.55pm yesterday in Norway Crescent in the Essex town.
The two suspects forced their way in and while searching inside were disturbed by the teenager, who had returned home.
There was a scuffle and the suspects hit the victim in the face and on the head with what has been described to officers as a piece of wood.
The suspects left the scene with money and jewellery.
You may also want to watch:
Dc Claire Strachan, investigating officer, said: “We believe that one of the suspects looked inside the property and knocked on the door shortly before the incident.
“He then returned back with an accomplice, they broke into the property and then carried out a search upstairs.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 4 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 5 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 6 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 7 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 9 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 10 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
“The victim on his return home bravely challenged the suspects but was attacked.
“The boy was checked by paramedics and was taken to hospital for further precautionary checks.
“We would urge anyone information to call Clacton CID on 101, quoting crime reference 42/23000/18 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.”