Teenage boy who bravely challenged burglars attacked in Harwich
- Credit: Archant
A teenage boy was attacked with a piece of wood after two burglars broke into a home in Harwich.
The aggravated burglary took place around 5.55pm yesterday in Norway Crescent in the Essex town.
The two suspects forced their way in and while searching inside were disturbed by the teenager, who had returned home.
There was a scuffle and the suspects hit the victim in the face and on the head with what has been described to officers as a piece of wood.
The suspects left the scene with money and jewellery.
Dc Claire Strachan, investigating officer, said: “We believe that one of the suspects looked inside the property and knocked on the door shortly before the incident.
“He then returned back with an accomplice, they broke into the property and then carried out a search upstairs.
- 1 'Peaceful' Suffolk coastal town named one of the best in the UK
- 2 Sainsbury's and Harvester evacuated after fire breaks out
- 3 Weather warning for thunderstorms in Suffolk extended
- 4 More than 550 homes without power as fallen tree takes down overhead cables
- 5 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 6 Village set for 33 new homes after planners approve project
- 7 Suffolk brand worn by pop star Ed Sheeran opens new store
- 8 Stu says: Six observations following MK Dons victory
- 9 'Absolutely awful': Anger as rubbish left dumped near beauty spot
- 10 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
“The victim on his return home bravely challenged the suspects but was attacked.
“The boy was checked by paramedics and was taken to hospital for further precautionary checks.
“We would urge anyone information to call Clacton CID on 101, quoting crime reference 42/23000/18 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.”