Teenager arrested following sexual assault
- Credit: Archant
A teenage boy has been arrested in connection with a serious sexual assault in Lowestoft.
Officers arrested the 15-year-old yesterday, two weeks after a stranger sexually assaulted a woman at a house in the town.
The incident occurred shortly before 11:50pm on Thursday, June 28 when a male entered a property in the vicinity of Yarmouth Road and sexually assaulted a woman.
When disturbed, the male left and was witnessed heading in the direction of Hollingsworth Road.
A male was also witnessed looking in a window of another property in the same road at around 11pm.
You may also want to watch:
Officers arrested a 15-year-old boy from Lowestoft on suspicion of sexual assault yesterday, Thursday July 12. He was taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
The boy was later released on bail and must return to police on Wednesday, August 8.
- 1 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 3 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 6 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 7 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
- 8 Military helicopter recovered after emergency landing in field
- 9 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
Detectives are appealing for anyone with information about this attack or anyone or may have witnessed anything suspicious to contact Suffolk police quoting reference 35765/18.
Alternatively, you can contact the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.