Teenager charged following gun incident
A 14-YEAR-old boy is to appear in court following an incident which left another teenager in hospital with shotgun injuries to his arm and face.The youth, who lives in Haverhill and has not been named, was charged with GBH on Wednesday and is due to answer bail at Bury St Edmunds youth court next Wednesday.
A 14-YEAR-old boy is to appear in court following an incident which left another teenager in hospital with shotgun injuries to his arm and face.
The youth, who lives in Haverhill and has not been named, was charged with GBH on Wednesday and is due to answer bail at Bury St Edmunds youth court next Wednesday.
He has been charged in relation to an incident which happened on November 6 on the Clements Estate in Haverhill and left a 13-year-old boy with injuries to his face and arm.
The youngster was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge for treatment.
You may also want to watch:
Following the incident, police recovered a shotgun from the scene and arrested two teenagers at separate addresses on the estate. The second of these youths has been told no further action will be taken against him.
Mike Nunn, spokesman for Suffolk police, said: "Suffolk police have charged a 14-year-old boy in relation to an incident that occurred on 6 November 2004 in Haverhill.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 5 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 6 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 7 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 4-0 win at Pompey
- 9 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 10 'Managers don't get enough credit' - Walton delighted as Town deliver big win for boss Cook at Pompey
"The youth, who is from Haverhill, has been charged with GBH following an incident at an address in the town in which a 13-year-old boy sustained gunshot wounds.
"He has been released on police bail and is due to appear at Bury St Edmunds Youth Court on 11 May."
The incident has been described as a "terrible, terrible accident" by those living on the estate, who say the area in which they live has been branded unfairly.
"This was just one of those accidents," said Carole Pinker, who runs the community centre on the Clements Estate.
"It was boys playing with things they should not have been playing with and bears no relation to where they lived or their age.
"It was something which drastically went wrong and everyone involved is paying for it and will have to live with it.
"It was a terrible, terrible accident. It was certainly no reflection on the estate we live on, where there is good community spirit."
Mrs Pinker said many clubs and activities had been set up on the estate, including women's groups and socialising for over 50s.
"I have lived here for 30 years and have run the community centre since 1977, and in all that time I have only had to call the police out twice, which speaks for itself," she added.
"The people here also stopped our doctor's surgery from moving elsewhere, and now have a wonderful new surgery building.
"We also run a youth centre, which gives the youngsters somewhere to go. They are hard nuts and they think they know it all but they do need to be given a chance."