Teenager hurt in racist attack
A RACIST thug stubbed out a burning cigarette on the face of an Asian teenager during a shocking unprovoked attack.
A CYCLIST stubbed out a burning cigarette on the face of an Asian teenager during a shocking racist attack in a town.
The 16-year-old boy was with his older brother in Clacton, when he was attacked by two white men.
Officers said the brothers were out walking when a cyclist rode past them and racially abused them.
The cyclist left the boys and returned a few minutes later armed with a wooden pipe, then moments later two men in a small red car blocked the walkway for the pair.
You may also want to watch:
The cyclist then struck the younger brother on his arm with the pipe.
An Essex Police spokesman said while the youngster was lying injured on the ground a man got out of the car and stubbed a cigarette butt out on the boy’s face.
- 1 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 4 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 5 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 9 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 10 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
The attackers fled when a passing motorist intervened during the incident at 11.30am on March 26.
A force spokesman said the 16-year-old suffered a broken arm and a burn to his face.
His older brother also sustained bruising to his body.
Detective Constable Andy Bareham, of Essex Police, said: “If it were not for this Good Samaritan, then we dread to think what further injuries would have been inflicted on these boys.
“We’re hoping that someone can recognise these three men and identify them for us.”
The attackers were white, aged in their late teens or early 20s, about 5ft 9in tall, of slim to medium build.
The cyclist had black, spiky hair at the back and was riding a sports bicycle.
The car passenger had short blond hair and was wearing a grey tracksuit. The car driver is described as white, aged 40 to 50, fat with a shaven head.
The victim was originally treated at the scene by paramedics and then attended Colchester General Hospital a few days later where he was treated for the broken arm.
Anyone with information is asked to telephone detectives at Clacton police station on 0300 333 4444.