Teenager killed in motorcycle crash
A TEENAGE motorcyclist died when he collided with a wall and a lamp-post in the early hours of yesterday morning.Nathan McMahon, 17, of Spexhall Way, Lowestoft, was driving a green Kawasaki motorbike along the A12 Yarmouth Road in the town when it left the road near to the junction with Cart Score at around 2.
By Sarah Chambers
A TEENAGE motorcyclist died when he collided with a wall and a lamp-post in the early hours of yesterday morning.
Nathan McMahon, 17, of Spexhall Way, Lowestoft, was driving a green Kawasaki motorbike along the A12 Yarmouth Road in the town when it left the road near to the junction with Cart Score at around 2.20am.
Police and ambulance crews attended, but he was pronounced dead at the scene. There were no other vehicles involved in the accident.
You may also want to watch:
Police were yesterday trying to piece together what happened, and are calling for witnesses who may have seen the motorcycle prior to the accident.
Sergeant Steve Knight, of Halesworth Road policing unit, said they were very keen to talk to any witnesses who may have seen a green Kawasaki motorcycle being ridden round in the north area of Lowestoft before 2.20am.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 4 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 5 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 8 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 9 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 10 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
"It's particularly tragic because the rider was of such a young age and obviously we are investigating the accident at the moment. It's too early to say how it happened," he said.
Anyone with information is asked to contact either Pc Gary Hutchings or Sgt Knight at Halesworth Road policing unit on 01986 835350 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.