Two teenagers released under investigation in ‘noxious substance’ attack probe
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers who were arrested after a noxious substance was thrown at a man in Bury St Edmunds have been released under investigation.
Police were called to reports that a person had thrown an unknown liquid into the face of a man in his 20s in the car park at St Olaves Precinct on the evening of Tuesday, July 21.
The man had minor injuries and was taken to hospital for treatment. He was discharged the same evening.
Three teenagers aged 16, 17 and 18 were arrested on suspicion of assault and were questioned at Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre.
The 16 and 17-year-old were initially released on bail but have since been released under investigation, pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Kyelan Conaty, 18, from Elm Drive, Walsham-le-Willows, was charged with two counts of administering a noxious substance with intent to cause injury. He is due to appear in Ipswich Crown Court on August 20.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 8 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 9 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 10 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge