Five teenagers arrested in connection to Bury St Edmunds flour and egg attack are rebailed
- Credit: Archant
Five teenagers arrested in connection to a flour and egg attack on a woman in Bury St Edmunds have been rebailed by police.
The assault happened at around 5.30pm on Friday, July 27, in St Olaves Road.
A police spokesman said: The victim, a woman aged in her 40s, was assaulted by a group of teenagers who threw flour and eggs over her after a verbal altercation.
“The woman was severely distressed by the incident but was physically unharmed.”
The incident sparked outrage across the country after a picture of the alleged assault was published and shared on social media.
You may also want to watch:
Two 15-year-old boys, a 16-year-old boy and two 17-year-old boys have been rebailed until early September.
A sixth boy – a 16-year-old – who was questioned under caution, remains under investigation.
- 1 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 2 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 3 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 4 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 5 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 6 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 7 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 8 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 9 Mike Bacon: Oh, what have we done to deserve this?
- 10 A14 to close following four vehicle crash