Teens in court over Sian road death
Two teenagers charged in connection with the crash which killed Copleston High School pupil Sian Ryan appeared at court today.
TWO teenagers charged in connection with the crash which killed Copleston High School pupil Sian Ryan appeared at court today.
Gavin Sahota, 18, of Stewart Young Grove, Kesgrave, and Perri Daniel, 19, of Upper Cavendish Street, Ipswich, face charges of causing death by dangerous driving.
Sixteen-year-old Sian, of Alan Road, Ipswich, died on the A14 near Nacton in August following a two-car accident.
During a brief hearing at South East Suffolk Magistrates' Court, Sahota and Daniel were told their case was being sent to Ipswich Crown Court.
You may also want to watch:
The duo, who were bailed on the condition they do not drive, will appear on December 3.
Meanwhile, another man charged in relation to a crash which claimed the life of Ipswich bus driver Joseph Gray also appeared before magistrates.
- 2 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 3 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 4 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 7 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 8 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift
- 9 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
- 10 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
James Eaton, 21, of Woodbridge Road, Ipswich, stands accused of causing death by careless driving, fraudulent use of a registration mark, fraudulent use of a tax disc, no insurance and no MOT.
Mr Gray, 51, of Lindbergh Road, died when his Honda motorbike was involved in a collision with a Mitsubishi Shogun in Landseer Road on October 5.
Eaton will appear again at South East Suffolk Magistrates' Court on January 6. He was also released on bail with the same conditions.