Television catches alight

TWO people, including a child, had to be given oxygen for smoke inhalation after a television caught alight in a house in Suffolk.

TWO people, including a child, had to be given oxygen for smoke inhalation after a television caught alight in a house in Suffolk.

Firefighters attended the scene in Kingswood Avenue, Carlton Colville, near Lowestoft, at 12.35am today to find a television on fire in the lounge.

The room was heavily smoke logged and although there was no one in the property by the time the crews arrived, a man and a young girl at the scene were given oxygen after inhaling some of the smoke.

They extinguished the flames.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter