Moving ceremony to remember Holocaust victims
A seafront ceremony will take place to pay tribute to victims of the Holocaust.
As part of events taking place across the country to mark Holocaust Memorial Day, Tendring District Council (TDC) chairman Mark Platt will join members of the Colchester and District Jewish Community at the Sunken Rose Garden on Marine Parade West, Clacton.
The ceremony will take place on Friday, January 25 at 11am.
In 2007 TDC planted a commemorative white rose bush at the seafront site and the following year a specially-commissioned plaque was set in the ground next to the bush.
The service will be led by Roy Fox, chairman of the Colchester Synagogue.
You may also want to watch:
“This event gives us the opportunity to remember all those who lived through, and those who did not, the horrific events of the Holocaust,” Mr Platt said.
TDC will have a poster display remembering the Holocaust in the foyer of Clacton Town Hall from Monday, January 21 for one week.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 4 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 5 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 6 Five floating restaurants to visit in Suffolk
- 7 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 8 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 9 North Stander: Norwich will be back in Championship - can we join them?
- 10 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls