Search for the golden pumpkin at Halesworth Scarecrow festival
- Credit: Jane Dekker
The organiser of Halesworth’s 10th annual Scarecrow Week is hoping to commemorate the landmark with the biggest event yet.
The Suffolk town's high street is set to be decorated with spooky figures from Saturday, October 19 until the following weekend.
Karen Prime, who has been preparing for the event for the past three months, said: "There's going to be many, many more scarecrows than ever before. We want this year's event to be the best ever."
Among the new additions for this year's Scarecrow Week include a 'golden pumpkin' hunt, which will be played using a smartphone app.
The event aims to raise money for Halesworth's Christmas lights switch-on, which is taking place on Saturday, November 23.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Prime, whose own scarecrow will be on display in Edwards in Thoroughfare, said she hopes this year's event will beat last year's effort of raising £504.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 4 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 7 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 8 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 9 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 10 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job