Thatched roof engulfed with flames
FIRE crews from across Suffolk were called to tackle a blaze which engulfed the roof of a thatched cottage.
A spokesman for Suffolk fire and rescue said that the blaze took hold of the roof at Brewery Farm, Bower House Tye, in Polstead, at 7.45pm and left at least 30 per cent of the roof well alight.
Eight fire crews attended the fire in the two storey thatched cottage, as well as a rescue water carrier from Sudbury.
The flames were tackled using hose reel jets, a nine metre ladder and a 13.5 metre ladder.
Fire crews also used a thermal imaging camera to assess the sites hot spots.
You may also want to watch:
The fire had been brought under control and extinguished by 8.42pm.
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 3 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 4 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 7 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 8 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 9 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo