Thaxted: Boy, 11, dies in hospital after tree smash
AN 11-year-old boy has died five days after the car he was travelling in struck a tree.
The collision happened near Thaxted when the driver of a black Peugeot 206 appears to have lost control of the car while travelling along the B1051 shortly before 9:30pm on Wednesday, October 3.
The boy, who was a front-seat passenger, was taken by paramedics to Addenbrooke’s Hospital with head injuries but he died there on Monday, October 8.
The driver, a 19-year-old woman, was also injured.
She remains in a stable condition at the Cambridgeshire hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Police said the pair are from the Thaxted area.
Anyone with information in connection with this fatal road crash is urged to contact Essex Police’s Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101 or they can email the team at email@example.com
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 3 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 4 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 5 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 6 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 7 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 8 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 9 Positives, negatives and plenty still to do - what we've learned from Town's pre-season
- 10 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
The boy’s name will not be released until after an inquest has been opened.