The James Paget Hospital hit by lightning strike
- Credit: Archant
Services have been affected at The James Paget Hospital at Gorleston due to a lightning strike.
Christine Allen, chief executive, said: “A lightning strike has hit the hospital site and our telephone services have been affected.”
She said phone lines were still available but requested for people to only call in an urgent or emergency situation.
“Other systems have also been affected but manual backups are in use.”
A spokesperson for the hospital said: “If in the event of any non-urgent operations or appointments being cancelled, we will contact patients directly and let them know.”
You may also want to watch:
She added that outpatient and diagnostic services were running as usual.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 4 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 5 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 10 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash