Restaurant near Hadleigh launches special pie menu
- Credit: Archant
Get your fix this British Pie Week.
A Suffolk chef spent the snowy weather in the kitchen devising three delicious pies for British Pie Week (until March 10).
Thomas Bushell, executive chef at The Marquis in Layham near Hadleigh loves a decent pie and has put a refined twist on this classic traditional dish, using the best seasonal ingredients.
“We are celebrating the great British pie at the Marquis this week because we are passionate about all things British. And what better way to chase away the winter blues than British Pie Week,” Thomas said.
The first pie in the collection (only available this week) is Thomas’s take on a fish pie, marrying hake, sea trout, smoked haddock, stone bass and prawns with a hint of curry. Minted peas are served on the side.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Black Angus beef pairs with ale and button onions in another pie, topped with flaky pastry and served with creamed potatoes.
And the final pie is a celebration of spring game, matching rabbit with leeks and cider in a grain mustard sauce, served with young leeks and carrots.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 7 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 8 Restraining order for venue boss who intimidated council leader's daughter
- 9 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 10 Returning fans, new faces and a visit from Premier League royalty - Town face Crystal Palace as pre-season moves up a gear