Clacton man punched and robbed by four men on seafront
- Credit: Archant
A gang of thieves in Clacton punched a man in the face and searched his pockets before fleeing the scene.
Essex Police are investigating the robbery in Clacton on Sunday, October 21, and are appealing for witnesses.
They were called at 6.45pm with reports that four men had stopped a man while he was walking along the sea wall between Clacton and Jaywick on Marine Parade.
The group of men asked the victim if he had a lighter they could borrow.
One of the men searched the victim’s pockets then punched him in the face.
You may also want to watch:
All four men ran off along the sea wall towards Jaywick.
The four men were described by the victim as being black and wearing dark coloured clothing.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 8 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 9 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence
- 10 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
Witnesses or anyone who was in the area at the time and saw men matching this description are asked to contact Clacton Police Station on 101, quoting reference 42/153540/18.
Information can also be given completely anonymously to independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org/