Thetford: Man found dead on the railway line close to Thetford Train Station
- Credit: citizenside.com
A man was found dead on the railway line near Thetford Train Station yesterday morning.
Officers from Norfolk Constabulary and the British Transport Police (BTP) attended the scene at around 8am on Saturday morning.
The East Anglian Air Ambulance also attended the incident, but the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
A BTP spokesman said this morning that the death was being treated as non-suspicious, and investigators were preparing a file for the coroner.
An air ambulance spokesman added: “Unfortunately, despite the best efforts of all those at the scene, the patient was declared deceased.
You may also want to watch:
“Our thoughts are with their family and friends at this sad and difficult time.”
- 1 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 2 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 3 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 4 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 7 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 10 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published