Third swine flu case confirmed in region
SWINE flu has been confirmed in a north Essex town.
SWINE flu has been confirmed in a north Essex town
A man from Colchester has been diagnosed with the virus after returning from a Latin American country.
Mike Gogarty, Director of Public Health for NHS North East Essex, said: “I can confirm that a man from Colchester, who recently returned from an affected area, has tested positive for Swine flu. He has been given antivirals and is responding well to treatment in his own home.
“If people are concerned because they have been to a known affected area where people to people spread of swine flu has occurred and are also developing influenza-like symptoms they should stay at home, call their GP or contact NHS Direct on 0845 46 47 or via the web at www.nhs.uk .”
You may also want to watch:
It takes the total number of cases in the East of England to 9. There are now 78 confirmed cases in the UK.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 5 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 6 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 7 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 8 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 9 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 10 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown