Thirteen is lotto lucky number
SUPERSTITION tells us that 13 is an unlucky number – but a group of warehouse workers may have disproved the theory.Because the 13-strong bunch of friends, who work at John Menzies Wholesale in Ipswich, are celebrating scooping more than £100,000 as a lottery syndicate.
SUPERSTITION tells us that 13 is an unlucky number - but a group of warehouse workers may have disproved the theory.
Because the 13-strong bunch of friends, who work at John Menzies Wholesale in Ipswich, are celebrating scooping more than £100,000 as a lottery syndicate.
They claimed a total of £118,156 on the May 15 draw from 13 lucky dip lines, which has left each with a pot of £9,088.
Brian Mills, a warehouse forklift driver, said: "We couldn't believe it. We had to keep checking the numbers on teletext because we were sure there was something wrong.
You may also want to watch:
"Everybody was over the moon. It was a lucky 13."
Mr Mills, 56, said the group had been playing the lottery as a syndicate for 18 months, but had never got more than four numbers.
- 1 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 2 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 3 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 4 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 5 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 6 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 7 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 8 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 9 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 10 Positives, negatives and plenty still to do - what we've learned from Town's pre-season
As for spending their windfall, he added: "At the moment everybody is just really pleased with the money.
"Personally I'm going to replace my car. We are all going to carry on playing the lottery - you never know, next time we might get all six numbers."