Driver airlifted to hospital as car leaves road after medical incident
- Credit: Matthew Usher
A driver has been airlifted to hospital after a car left the road as a result of what police believe was a medical incident.
The crash happened on a stretch of road between Thorpeness and Aldringham on Saturday morning.
Police closed a stretch of the B1353, between Aldeburgh Road and Old Homes Road, while emergency services responded to the incident.
Firefighters, the ambulance service and air ambulance were also called to the scene.
Fire crews from Orford, Aldeburgh, Leiston and Saxmundham were alerted at 9.55am.
You may also want to watch:
Police said a patient was airlifted to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge, following what is thought to have been a medical incident.
- 1 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 4 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 5 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 7 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 8 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 9 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 10 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'