Driver airlifted to hospital as car leaves road after medical incident
- Credit: Matthew Usher
A driver has been airlifted to hospital after a car left the road as a result of what police believe was a medical incident.
The crash happened on a stretch of road between Thorpeness and Aldringham on Saturday morning.
Police closed a stretch of the B1353, between Aldeburgh Road and Old Homes Road, while emergency services responded to the incident.
Firefighters, the ambulance service and air ambulance were also called to the scene.
Fire crews from Orford, Aldeburgh, Leiston and Saxmundham were alerted at 9.55am.
You may also want to watch:
Police said a patient was airlifted to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge, following what is thought to have been a medical incident.
- 1 Group fined for travelling more than 10 miles to get a takeaway in lockdown
- 2 Tributes are paid to 'inspirational' teacher Gaynor Jacobs
- 3 'It's up to Marcus what he does' - Lambert reacts to Sunderland defeat
- 4 Senior Suffolk doctor admits to problems in local vaccine rollout
- 5 Suffolk gets its first ever Michelin Star
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 1-0 home loss to Sunderland
- 7 Large drop in coronavirus cases in Ipswich as county cases continue to fall
- 8 Development of 136 homes approved for rural village
- 9 Noise disruption possible as low-flying RAF jets simulate training
- 10 First phase of new 2,000 home site approved