Thousands enjoy country event
GALLERY Thousands of people enjoyed a spectacular country event in deepest Essex this weekend.
THOUSANDS of people enjoyed a spectacular country event in deepest Essex this weekend.
The Blackwater Country Show in Heybridge, near Maldon yesterday was raising funds for the Essex Air Ambulance.
Now on its third outing, it has already donated more than £4,000 and organisers hope that this will be a record-breaking year.
You may also want to watch:
There were a host of event for visitors to enjoy, kicking off with a falconry display, gun dog demonstration and a side saddle spectacular.
Swords were drawn for a gladiators re-enactment and people also had a chance to wet a line with the fishing demonstrations and lessons on the lake.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 4 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 10 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw
Landowner David French, from the organising committee, said: “We have had quite a few thousand people here today - I think it is the highest turnout since we started three years ago.
“Highlights have included the working heavy horses and the side saddle and sheepdog displays.
“It has been an all-round good day - one of the main aims for me is to educate local people about what is going on in the countryside, we don't want it to have a car boot sale feel to it and I think we are succeeding with that.”