Three arrests after hundreds of cannabis plants seized in drug warrants
- Credit: Archant
Three men were arrested after police executed warrants on three properties and seized hundreds of cannabis plants on Saturday.
Officers executed warrants in Conifer Close and Hawthorn Avenue, Colchester, and in Claremont Road, Wivenhoe.
Two men are charged with producing cannabis and have been remanded to appear at Southend Magistrates’ Court on Monday, while a 27-year-old man arrested on suspicion of producing cannabis was released under investigation.
In total, five warrants were executed in five days and seven arrests made following local concerns.
Last Tuesday, two men aged 21 and 24, and a woman, 21, were arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply drugs and remain under investigation after a warrant in Victoria Mews.
You may also want to watch:
A warrant in Stanway the next day led to a man aged 23 being charged with being concerned in the production of cannabis. He is due at Chelmsford Crown Court on May 20.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 9 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans