Three fire crews called to tackle blaze at house

Lt-015-web-fire-1

A 70-year-old man had to be treated for the effects of smoke inhalation after a fire at a property in Coggeshall today.

The incident at the semi-detached house in Tilkey Road happened at 12.44pm after an electricity meter box caught alight.

Three crews from Coggeshall, Braintree, and Tiptree attended and firefighters used dry powder to extinguish the flames. The fire was out by 1.05pm.

Crews administered oxygen therapy to treat the man. He was left in the care of the ambulance service.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus