Four arrested after break-in at Boots sparks police chase
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
Four people have been arrested in connection with a burglary at Boots Pharmacy in West Mersea following a police chase through Colchester.
Police were called to reports of a break-in at Boots in Bardfield Road at 1.30am on Monday, May 6.
Officers have since arrested two men and a woman from Luton, and another man of no fixed address – in connection with the incident.
Perfume and electrical items were stolen from inside the pharmacy, police said.
Police then pursued a vehicle and attempted to stop it before it crashed in Mulberry Avenue in Colchester at around 2am.
A spokesman said: “There were no reported injuries and we arrested two men and a woman, from Luton, and a man, of no fixed address, on suspicion of burglary.
“One of the men was also arrested on suspicion of failing to stop.”
- 1 Ex-Town loanee Bonne looks set to depart QPR
- 2 Town centre road closed after becoming flooded in torrential rain
- 3 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 4 'Nottingham Knockers' targeting homes in east Suffolk village
- 5 Fears over impact of cottage plans on landmark Suffolk windmill
- 6 Road near Ipswich flooded as drivers forced to find alternative routes
- 7 Stu says: Six observations following 1-0 win at Burton
- 8 Severe delays on A12 as carriageway floods during extreme rainfall
- 9 20 years since bodies of Holly and Jessica found in Suffolk
- 10 'We deserved more' - Burton boss on Town defeat
All four remain in custody for questioning.
Those with information about the incident should contact Colchester police station on 101, quoting reference 42/70541/19.
Alternatively, information can be given anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.