Four arrested after break-in at Boots sparks police chase
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
Four people have been arrested in connection with a burglary at Boots Pharmacy in West Mersea following a police chase through Colchester.
Police were called to reports of a break-in at Boots in Bardfield Road at 1.30am on Monday, May 6.
Officers have since arrested two men and a woman from Luton, and another man of no fixed address – in connection with the incident.
Perfume and electrical items were stolen from inside the pharmacy, police said.
Police then pursued a vehicle and attempted to stop it before it crashed in Mulberry Avenue in Colchester at around 2am.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “There were no reported injuries and we arrested two men and a woman, from Luton, and a man, of no fixed address, on suspicion of burglary.
“One of the men was also arrested on suspicion of failing to stop.”
- 1 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 2 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 3 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 4 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 5 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 6 Woman dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 7 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 8 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 9 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 10 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
All four remain in custody for questioning.
Those with information about the incident should contact Colchester police station on 101, quoting reference 42/70541/19.
Alternatively, information can be given anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.