Three arrested after reports of a ‘firearm’ in car near Great Bromley
- Credit: Archant
Three men have been arrested by Essex Police following reports that a weapon, thought to be a firearm, was seen in a black Ford Focus in Frating on Wednesday.
A spokesman for Essex Police said: “We were called at 3.25pm after a weapon, believed by the victim to be a firearm, was seen in the black vehicle at the traffic lights of Great Bromley and Frating.
“Armed officers then attended an address in Great Bromley and arrested three men on suspicion of various offences.”
An 18-year-old from Great Bromley and a 25-year-old from Colchester were arrested on suspicion of possession of Class A drugs, possession of a firearm and threatening to commit criminal damage.
Another man, 20, from Lawford was also arrested on suspicion of possession of a firearm.
You may also want to watch:
All three remain in custody while police enquiries continue.
Officers are looking to speak to anyone who may have been driving in the area at the time and may have dash cam footage. Anyone who has further information about the incident should call Clacton CID on 101 quoting incident 703 of 14/11.
- 1 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 2 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 3 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 4 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 5 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 6 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 7 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 8 Blues star looking forward to 'getting down to business'
- 9 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 10 Bridal shop opens in well-known former Sudbury bookshop