Three men appear in court over shooting in Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Archant
Three men accused of conspiracy to murder after a shooting in Bury St Edmunds are expected to enter their pleas to the charge in October.
Police were called at 6.45pm on August 4 to Forum Court after Jonathan Catchpole was shot in the stomach.
Yesterday Frank Warren, 51, of Victoria Road, Dorchester, Simon Webber, 31, of Sydenham Close, Bridgwater, and Andrew Seaton, of Frome View, Dorchester, appeared at Ipswich Crown Court for a preliminary hearing.
Judge John Devaux adjourned the case until October 30 for a plea and directions hearing and remanded the defendants in custody.
Andrew Jackson, prosecuting, identified a potential trial window of between December 28 and February 5.
You may also want to watch:
Four other people remain on police bail on suspicion of conspiracy to murder pending further enquiries in connection with the incident.
Police are continuing to appeal for anyone with information about this crime to contact the Major Investigation Team on 101 quoting reference BU/15/2542, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 5 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 8 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 9 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 10 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement