Three-year jail term for London drug dealer caught on Clacton street
- Credit: Archant
A drug dealer who tried to swallow his haul of crack cocaine when stopped by police in Clacton has been jailed for three years.
Officers from Essex Police’s Operation Raptor north team were on patrol on Marine Parade East on Thursday, July 28 last year when they spotted Harold Agyepong acting suspiciously.
As they approached the 23-year-old he tried to run, and then put his hand to his mouth when he was stopped.
He was handcuffed and stood up, at which point a plastic wrap fell from his mouth – while another was found at his feet.
Both were found to contain crack cocaine. Agyepong, of Gascoyne Road, Hackney, also had on him various mobile phones and £145 in cash.
Agyepong was charged and admitted possessing a Class A drug with intent to supply when he appeared at Chelmsford Crown Court on Monday, September 25.
He was jailed for three years and the court ordered the drugs be destroyed.
- 1 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 4 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 5 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 6 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 7 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 8 'Gutted to see the gaffer go' - Norwood on Cook sacking
- 9 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 10 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms
Pc Mark Dundon, investigating officer, said: “Agyepong is yet another London drug dealer who was under the wrong impression that he could come to our county to sell his drugs.
“We will not tolerate any drug dealer selling their illegal substances on our streets.
“We know where they are, we know where they frequent and who they associate with and it’s only a matter of time before Operation Raptor come knocking on their doors.”
Operation Raptor was set up by Essex Police, with three area teams in the county, to target drug and gang-related crime.
Anyone with information about such crime in your community contact Essex Police on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.