Throwback Thursday: Looking back to July 1994 when Chantry students abseiled down the school
- Credit: OWEN HINES
Every Thursday we take a step back in time and look back to what was happening in and around Ipswich in that month - for this week’s edition we look back to Ipswich in July 1994.
We kick things off at Chantry High School as students were treated to a fitness fun day involving abseiling and aerobics, amongst other activities.
Next up we head over to the Ipswich Vintage fair as we see traction engines getting up steam as many flock to check out the old time engines and fair ground rides.
With the start of the new season looming ever closer Ipswich Town players were back in training after their summer holidays, taking up Orwell Park School’s fields as their training grounds.
Whilst at the school players also took the time to have a round of cricket against Chantry Park’s school team.
You may also want to watch:
And finally over to Felixstowe Ferry as many gathered at the shore in celebration of RNLI day.
- 1 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 2 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 3 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 4 How it all unfolded as Town come back to grab a point against Owls
- 5 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 6 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 7 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 8 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 9 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 10 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks