Chance of thunderstorms as heavy showers set to soak region
- Credit: peter cutts
It’ll be nice weather for ducks today, as Suffolk and north Essex brace for an afternoon of heavy downpours – possibly with a dash of thunder and lightning.
Experts are predicting a mild but soggy day across the region, with sunshine making way for heavy showers this afternoon.
Weatherquest forecaster Chris Bell said there may even be a spot of thunder and lightning in the west, but it will feel pretty comfortable in general – with temperatures peaking at roughly 18C.
“We have had a little bit of rain over the last few hours across the county, but that is clearing now,” he said.
“It is mostly dry this morning, with some sunshine.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Bell said we are likely to see some showers developing after lunchtime, moving in from the northwest, with a “small chance of a thunderstorm” in the west of the region.
He added things will feel “much cooler” tomorrow, with a “loss of the mild weather” that many have enjoyed over the past few days.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 4 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 5 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 Husband pays tribute to 'soulmate' and mum-of-four after cancer death
- 8 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 9 31 miserable stats which sum up a largely miserable Ipswich Town season
- 10 Missing person from Braintree has been found
“It will feel a lot different by tomorrow,” he said, adding the “chilly conditions” are expected to stay with us throughout the weekend.