Time for tea! Afternoon tea walks set to start in Ipswich
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Learn more about the history of Ipswich and enjoy refreshments in the town’s eateries on a series of afternoon tea walks, which begin this week.
Each walk starts at the Tourist Information Centre at 2pm and will conclude with tea and cake.
The first walk in the series, which takes place on Thursday, January 22, is called ‘from our Lady of Grace to Wolsey’ and will finish at Saints Café.
The series of eight walks will conclude with ‘in the steps of the Tudors’ on Wednesday, April 22, which will end at St Lawrence Café.
Other venues offering refreshments after the walks include Arlingtons, Jaceys and Neptune Cafe.
For more information, visit the website at www.allaboutipswich.com or pick up a leaflet at the Ipswich Tourist Information Centre in St Stephen’s Church.
You may also want to watch:
• To book your place on one of the walks, which cost £8 including tea and cake, visit the Tourist Information Centre or call 01473 258070.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 9 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 10 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich