Timpson’s hoping to open at Felixstowe’s Morrison’s complex
- Credit: Archant
A new retail unit could be created at a Felixstowe neighbourhood shopping complex.
Morrisons is seeking to add a Timpson’s unit to its site in Grange Farm Avenue, which includes a supermarket, pharmacy and filling station, across the road from Christ Church and The Owl and the Pussycat pub.
The new unit – which will specialise in engraving, key cutting, watch repairs and other services – will be housed in a separate standalone pod to be placed near the front of the store in an area currently used as parking for people with disabilities.
The two parking spaces to be lost will be replaced nearby on the site.
The application submitted to Suffolk Coastal District Council says the pod will measure 16 sq metres and open until 10pm daily (except Sundays 4pm). Two new full-time jobs will be created.
Felixstowe Town Council is due to discuss the application and give its views on Wednesday.
- 1 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 2 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 3 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 4 Suffolk beauty spots ranked among best in UK
- 5 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 7 Action taken to target second home owners exploiting tax loophole
- 8 Willow Tree Farm Shop & Cafe: 'A lovely blend of upmarket and informal'
- 9 'You can't kid supporters... we have to give them a lift' - Cook previews Crewe clash
- 10 Man taken to hospital after being stabbed in chest and arms