Timpson’s hoping to open at Felixstowe’s Morrison’s complex
- Credit: Archant
A new retail unit could be created at a Felixstowe neighbourhood shopping complex.
Morrisons is seeking to add a Timpson’s unit to its site in Grange Farm Avenue, which includes a supermarket, pharmacy and filling station, across the road from Christ Church and The Owl and the Pussycat pub.
The new unit – which will specialise in engraving, key cutting, watch repairs and other services – will be housed in a separate standalone pod to be placed near the front of the store in an area currently used as parking for people with disabilities.
The two parking spaces to be lost will be replaced nearby on the site.
The application submitted to Suffolk Coastal District Council says the pod will measure 16 sq metres and open until 10pm daily (except Sundays 4pm). Two new full-time jobs will be created.
You may also want to watch:
Felixstowe Town Council is due to discuss the application and give its views on Wednesday.
- 1 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 3 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 6 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 7 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 9 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 10 Suffolk holiday accommodation reaching capacity ahead of re-opening