Tiptree: Around 300 chickens die in fire
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of chickens have died after a shed fire in Essex.
Essex County Fire and Rescue Service received reports of a chicken shed fire in Tudwick Road, Tiptree, just before 9.20am.
Two crews were send to the scene where firefighters found the shed, measuring 80metres by 20metres was 30% alight.
Crews, wearing breathing apparatus, used two hose reel jets to tackle the blaze.
An Essex County Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “Around 300 chickens died in the fire.
“An investigation will be carried out to establish the cause.”
- 1 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 2 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 3 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
- 4 Young driver crashes car just a week after passing
- 5 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 6 New state-of-the-art army attack helicopters undergo testing in Suffolk
- 7 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 8 'Dream come true': Excitement as new salon opens in Woodbridge
- 9 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 10 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business