Woman, 90, left with cuts in ‘nasty and cowardly’ attack
- Credit: Archant
A 90-year-old woman suffered cut hands in what police described as a “nasty and cowardly attack” in Tiptree.
Essex Police confirmed they are investigating an incident where two women forced their way into the victim's home in Station Road on Thursday evening.
The attackers proceeded to assault the victim, who did not suffer serious injuries but was left shaken.
The suspects are described as two white women who were wearing jackets with fur trimmed hoods.
Police have said the suspects are believed to be in their 30s.
Detective Inspector Kev Hughes said: "This was a nasty and cowardly attack on an elderly woman."
Essex Police are asking for witnesses to come forward, quoting incident 1034 of Thursday, December 12.
- 1 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 2 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 3 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 4 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 5 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo
- 6 Woman receives life ban from owning dogs after sheep were mauled
- 7 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 8 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 9 'That is the calibre'- Oxford boss on potential transfer move for Norwood
- 10 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry