Essex home 'completely destroyed' by fire
- Credit: Essex Fire and Rescue Service
A house in Essex has been "completely destroyed" by fire but no-one was injured in the blaze, the fire service has said.
Six fire crews were called to the blaze at a detached property in Park Lane, Tolleshunt Knights, near Tiptree, at 1.25pm.
On arrival, firefighters reported that both the ground and first floor were completely alight.
The roof of the house collapsed and crews from Colchester, Mersea, Tiptree, Witham, Maldon, and Chelmsford are currently working hard to bring the blaze under control.
Scott Meekings, station manager, said: "Our crews have worked extremely hard in difficult conditions.
"Water supplies have been poor but we are working to use a nearby open water source to pump the water and help extinguish the fire."
Dan Kirk, incident commander, added: "The roof has collapsed and the house has been completely destroyed, but thankfully everyone is safe with no injuries.
- 1 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 2 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 3 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Stanley win
- 5 'It's an important win' - McKenna on 2-1 victory against Accrington
- 6 Ipswich Town 2-1 Accrington Stanley: Blues fight back to beat scrappy visitors
- 7 33-year-old found safe after police search
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-1 win v Accrington
- 9 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house
- 10 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
"We have divided the incident into sections and are continuing to work to bring it under control."
An update provided by Essex Fire and Rescue Service at 5pm confirmed the incident has now been scaled back to three fire engines plus an aerial ladder and high volume pump.
The main fire has been extinguished but crews are expected to stay at the incident for some time as they continue to dampen down.
An investigation into the cause of the blaze will be carried out as soon as it is possible.