Top LGBT Stonewall award for Suffolk
STONEWALL, the campaigning for homosexual equality, has named Suffolk County Council and its Customer Service Direct department as one of top 100 employers for the second year running.
STONEWALL, the campaigning group for homosexual equality, has named Suffolk County Council and its Customer Service Direct department as one of the top 100 employers for the second year running.
Stonewall Top 100 Employers showcases Britain's leading employers for gay staff. This year the index included the largest ever survey of lesbian and gay employees, with almost 7,000 participants. The county council and CSD are in 92nd position.
Council leader Jeremy Pembroke said: “We're very proud to have been awarded a position in the Stonewall Top 100 of Employers list.
You may also want to watch:
“It's such a big reward for all the effort that so many people have put in and represents how Suffolk county council is committed to equality and diversity throughout the work we do.
“Suffolk is an inclusive council and I am very proud that we are among the few county councils in the UK who have been recognised for our successes in equality and diversity.”
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 3 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 4 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 5 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 6 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 9 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 10 CCTV issued after thieves steal almost £900 in toys and food from B&M
The launch of LGBT History Month, which celebrates the lives and achievements of the LGBT Community will be held at the council's Endeavour House headquarters on February 2 between 11am - 4pm.