Top ref Tony revels the passion
TOP ref Tony Steele will give fans a glimpse into his secret life - by revealing his hidden passion.Steele, who is ranked as the world's top official and has been in charge of a record 35 Grand Prix rounds, is also an avid collector of vintage speedway films.
TOP ref Tony Steele will give fans a glimpse into his secret life - by revealing his hidden passion.
Steele, who is ranked as the world's top official and has been in charge of a record 35 Grand Prix rounds, is also an avid collector of vintage speedway films.
And he's holding a special Video-Talk-in evening at Peterborough's Marriott Hotel on Wednesday, January 27 (8.00pm, doors open 7.30pm).
Tony is believed to have the biggest collection of old speedway films, many of them dating back to before the Second World War.
You may also want to watch:
He has never previously shown his priceless acquisitions to a Peterborough audience but has held standing-room shows elsewhere.
His vast library includes exceptionally rare feature films, documentaries and private material provided by riders and their families.
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 6 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 9 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 10 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
He will screen a selection from his archives in the Emperor Suite, including pre-war black and white film from Hackney and a special cinema feature produced in Australia around 1947.
The function is open to all with an on-the-door charge of �5.