Tortoises survive fire drama

SHELL-shocked tortoises were given a nasty surprise today when a fire broke out in their shed.

SHELL-shocked tortoises were given a nasty surprise today when a fire broke out in their shed.

Firefighters were despatched to the back garden of a house in Green Street, Hoxne, at around 10am.

The fire had taken hold of the 1m x 1m fibreglass enclosure, but no animals were injured in the drama.

The fire crew returned to base at around 10.30am.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus