Town in shock after stabbing
By Dave GooderhamA COMMUNITY was in shock last night after a woman was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder following a stabbing on a housing estate.
By Dave Gooderham
A COMMUNITY was in shock last night after a woman was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder following a stabbing on a housing estate.
A 41-year-old man was in a critical condition in hospital in Bury St Edmunds last night after being stabbed in the stomach.
Det Sgt Neil Firm, who is leading the investigation into the stabbing, said: “There was an altercation in Ben Culey Drive in Thetford, which led to a further altercation some minutes later.
You may also want to watch:
“As a result of that altercation, a man received injuries to his stomach, resulting in him being taken to hospital where he underwent surgery. He remains in hospital.”
The man was stabbed in the stomach at about 6.30pm on Thursday and was taken to West Suffolk Hospital, where he underwent emergency surgery. His condition was described last night as “critical” by a police spokeswoman.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 3 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 6 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 7 Giant Noah's Ark stuck on Ipswich Waterfront
- 8 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 9 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 10 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years
A 37-year old woman was arrested in connection with the incident and was being questioned last night by detectives at Thetford Police Station.
Thelma Paines, district councillor for the Abbey ward, who has lived in the town for 40 years, said the community was shocked by the incident.
She added: “I was very shocked and saddened to hear such a thing has happened in Thetford.
“Ben Culey Drive is a nice estate, fairly small and pretty quiet. I hope whoever was injured recovers quickly.”
Police investigating the incident spent yesterday searching gardens and drains for the weapon used in the stabbing.
Anyone with information about the stabbing should contact Thetford police on 01953 424242.